Changing project tempo without affecting midi tracks

I’ve recorded a midi track using as reference a drum track.

Now I’d like to set the tempo right, how can I change the project’s tempo without affecting the midi track?

Or how could I change the bpm signature of the midi track without affecting the data? I could import it then if that’s possible.

CHeers!

you really can’t do that. MIDI is musical data, and the positions of notes etc. reference musical time, not audio time. If you change tempo or meter, you change the meaning of the musical time points.t

And what about playing the midi file with something else into ardour as midi input? Could something like that work?

And what about playing the midi file with something else into ardour as midi input? Could something like that work?

I’ve seen the Transform option on the midi, I’ll try to read the logs about it.

The tempo was set to 120 bpm but the track ist at 95 bpm, ideas?

I meant the docs.

Maybe you can’t do this in Ardour but some other DAWs like Reaper or Cakewalk do have that feature hidden about. I get that adapting the project tempo to the (absolute) tempo of a MIDI track would be a destructive action to the underlying MIDI file, but it is not generally impossible.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.