OS X 10.11.6 installation issue

I just downloaded Ardour-5.12.0-x86_64.dmg and am having trouble installing, the message “The operation can’t be completed because one or more required items can’t be found.
(Error code -43)” is displayed when I try to install either Ardour5 or Jadeo.

I’ve looked at the installation notes but didn’t see anything to suggest there are any installation requirements… is this correct?

Thanks,
Jake.

That’s not a known error to us. Can you describe precisely what you are doing for the installation process?

Just following the standard install process;

1. Download the file (Ardour-5.12.0-x86_64.dmg)
  2. Open/mount the dmg (note: it is titled GoogleSoftwareUpdate-1.2.10.105 but has the Ardour5 & Jadeo install files along with the Applications shortcut)
  3. Drag the Ardour5 icon to the Applications shortcut
  4. Error message is displayed

Please open a terminal and run the command md5 with the name of the DMG file as an argument/parameter. Let me know the result.

MD5 (Ardour-5.12.0-x86_64.dmg) = 293348b7e0b066a6e4d77c760b03afc7

Well, the md5 value is correct, so there’s nothing wrong with your download.

At this point, I have no explanation for why your installation is not working, but it appears to be a system specific problem (i.e. it happens on your system but not elsehwere).

If you want to try to get deeper into it, it would probably be more productive to join us on IRC where we can interact in real time. My nick there is “las” (link in the bottom left of this page).

“GoogleSoftwareUpdate” – that is definitely not from ardour.org

How bizarre, I downloaded it again, got the same MD5 checksum but when it mounts, it’s titled correctly, icons are corrected and it installs…
Thanks, guys.