Using the BCF2000 to control plugins in ardour.

2 replies [Last post]
Luke MacNeil
User offline. Last seen 5 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
I was wondering if anyone out there uses the bcf to control plugins in ardour. I'd like to use one of the rotary dials to control the amount of reverb I send to a track... Could I use the same rotary in different modes to control the wet/dry signal ratio as well as the panning? Has anyone done this?

Thanks for your time,

Luke.

paul
paul's picture
User offline. Last seen 1 hour 51 min ago. Offline
Control-MiddleClick on the plugin parameter control, then wiggle the MIDI controller knob/fader/slider that you want to use. Done.

If this doesn't work for you, be sure to let us know.

Note that Ardour does not add wet/dry mix control to plugins. If the plugin itself does not have this control, you can't do this as described. Instead, you need to create a bus, add the plugin to the bus, route the audio from the track to the bus *as well* as its existing outputs. Then you can control the level of the bus, which is effectively the wet signal. (Again, Control-MiddleClick on the gain fader for the bus). There are ways to do this with sends too, but at present, you can't automate the gain level of a send which may make that less useful.

You can bind a single MIDI control to any number of parameters (gain, pan, plugin parameters). If the BCF rotary sends a different control in different modes, then as far as Ardour is concerned, its a different control. We don't have any idea that its the same physical knob.

Luke MacNeil
User offline. Last seen 5 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks, I'm trying to get used to the bus method.

Luke MacNeil
www.lukemacneil.com