Compile in Opensolaris

Hi, I am tryng to compile ardour on a opensolaris box (solaris express1 svn 151)

I am arrived at make point and it stops, during the make phase, at this point:

scons: `libs/glibmm2/glibmmconfig.h’ is up to date.
g++ -o libs/pbd/fpu.pic.o -c -Woverloaded-virtual -DPROGRAM_NAME=“Ardour” -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DGTK_NEW_TOOLTIP_API -DPACKAGE=“libpbd” -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -DLIBSIGC_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -DHAVE_EXECINFO -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -fstrength-reduce -pipe -DARCH_X86 -Wall -DHAVE_LIBLO -DPROGRAM_NAME=“Ardour” -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -Ilibs -DHAVE_GETMNTENT -fPIC -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -Ilibs/sigc++2 -Ilibs/glibmm2 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -Ilibs/pbd -I/usr/include/libxml2 libs/pbd/fpu.cc
libs/pbd/fpu.cc:1:1: warning: “_XOPEN_SOURCE” redefined
:84:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
In file included from /usr/include/iso/stdlib_iso.h:48,
from /usr/include/stdlib.h:32,
from /usr/sfw/lib/gcc/i386-pc-solaris2.11/3.4.3/…/…/…/…/include/c++/3.4.3/cstdlib:52,
from libs/pbd/fpu.cc:2:
/usr/include/sys/feature_tests.h:357:2: #error “Compiler or options invalid; UNIX 03 and POSIX.1-2001 applications require the use of c99”
scons: *** [libs/pbd/fpu.pic.o] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.

I have already tried the flag -std=c99, but it seems to be not correct for c++

any idea?

@agala: indeed, we do not support compilation with gcc 3.X, only 4.X. there are so many fixes and improvements between 3.X and 4.X that its barely even worth thinking about 3.X.

Your GCC seems to be 3.4.3 which is from 2004. You should probably try to upgrade that first.