Presonus Faderport (again)

I hope this isn’t noise, but I can’t find a good answer either in the manual or forums.
Is there a guide to getting a Presonus Faderport working - either with A2, MB, or A3?
Thanks!

The only way you can get the Faderport working is with the Generic MIDI protocol, and in A2 this is made difficult IIRC because it sends a ‘heartbeat’ MIDI signal that screws with the binding process. In A3 you could write a map from scratch though to get around this, and it would be far more flexible as it would support banking as well. There is no guide on this topic though no as I don’t believe a map has been written for that controller. If you do write such a map if you send it in it may be included in Ardour3 for others to use though.

Seablade

thank you for the replies, guys.
Before I get my hands too dirty, do you know if the “heartbeat” problem is solvable/has been solved by anyone? (Yes, you recall correctly, I did see that happening)
Thanks

There is a sort of guide on this topic: http://ardour.org/a3_features_midi_binding_maps along with the available examples that other people have contributed.

‘Solved’ ? No. But I would imagine if you just ignore it in MIDI Maps in A3, it wouldn’t be an issue.

Seablade