Ardour 3 refuses to create a session

Hi I just installed V3. Installation went fine but I am unable to create a session. The error in the log is …

[ERROR]: Could not use path /home/andrew/Ardour-work/fred (%s)

Fixed … Thanks

Hi … ;
How did ya get that issue fixed ?
Would be nice to know (:

Regards,
zergei W .

yeah, would be really nice, i have the same problem.
thx, patrick

probably an permission error i think…

didn’t work for me, i changed it in every possible way

Cannot lock down 17373216 byte memory area (Nicht genügend Hauptspeicher verfügbar)
[Not enough RAM avaible, according to the message with “ulimit -l”]
VST_PATH not set, defaulting to /home/patrick/vst:/usr/local/lib/vst:/usr/lib/vst
Programmierfehler: SessionHandleRef exists across session deletion! Dynamic type: ARDOUR::RouteGroup @ 0x4762380
Programmierfehler: SessionHandleRef exists across session deletion! Dynamic type: ARDOUR::Butler @ 0x4769850
Programmierfehler: SessionHandleRef exists across session deletion! Dynamic type: ARDOUR::Locations @ 0x3b12800

[Programmierfehler = bug]

thats the message it shows when opening ardour in terminal.
i’m sure i have writing permissions in the selected directory

lg patrick

This actually looks like an issue with your system setup.

Cannot lock down 17373216 byte memory area (Nicht genügend Hauptspeicher verfügbar) [Not enough RAM avaible, according to the message with "ulimit -l"]

It seems like you don’t have permissions set up correctly for realtime processes to lock memory on your system. See this page for more information…

http://jackaudio.org/linux_rt_config

Specifically it is most likely you fall under the “Systems Using Pam” section, so check to see if the files exist first, save backups, etc.

Seablade

Thank you very much!! Now it works perfectly!
Regards Patrick