How do I install Ardour on Fedora Core 6?

Are there any step by step instructions for installing on fedora core 6? I see the list of required libraries but how do I know if I have them and if I don’t how do I go about getting them. Is this stuff pretty standard with the FC6 install?
Bunch of questions.

Ardour can be installed on Fedora Core 5 and 6 from the command line as root using:

yum install ardour

Which will install the 0.99.3 version of ardour.

If you meant Ardour version 2.0, it is not packaged for Fedora yet so you would need to use yum to install the required dependencies and then build it from source.

I would suggest waiting until version 2.0 is “officially” released and packaged for fedora but if you can’t wait until then for some reason here is a rough list of the names of the packages that you will need to build 2.0:

scons
gcc-c++
gettext
libtool
glib2-devel
gtk2-devel
libgnomecanvas-devel
liblrdf-devel
libxslt-devel
fftw3-devel
alsa-lib-devel
jack-audio-connection-kit-devel
liblo-devel
libsamplerate-devel
libsndfile-devel
boost-devel

Read the building page for specific instructions about how to go about building and installing.

the above post was excellent.

to add, since you are using Fedora you might aswell capitalise on some excellent work that has been done at Planet Ccrma.

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/

The most useful link on that page for Fedora 6 is the mailing list archives. Search through there regarding installation for Fedora 6 and you’ll get excellent tips along the way - including how to activate real-time status.

As an aside, it currently provides a bugger beta-build of Ardour 2. I suggest you continue to use 99.3 if you intend on being productive.

ah so the yum installer will install all of those dependencies. That’s what I was confused on.