2.0beta12 build problem

Hello, on my Fedora Core 6 x86_64 system, I get this build error. What appears to be exploding?

scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets …
scons: ardour.rc' is up to date. scons:libs/soundtouch/libsoundtouch.so’ is up to date.
scons: libs/sigc++2/sigc++config.h' is up to date. scons:libs/sigc++2/libsigc++2.so’ is up to date.
scons: libs/libsndfile/src/sndfile.h' is up to date. scons:libs/libsndfile/libsndfile-ardour.so’ is up to date.
scons: `libs/glibmm2/glibmmconfig.h’ is up to date.
g++ -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -fstrength-reduce -pipe -DARCH_X86 -mmmx -m3dnow -msse -mfpmath=sse -DBUILD_SSE_OPTIMIZATIONS -DUSE_X86_64_ASM -Wall -DHAVE_LIBLO -DENABLE_NLS -Woverloaded-virtual -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DG_LOG_DOMAIN=“glibmm” -fPIC -Ilibs/sigc++2 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -Ilibs/glibmm2 -c -o libs/glibmm2/glibmm/wrap.os libs/glibmm2/glibmm/wrap.cc
libs/glibmm2/glibmm/wrap.cc: In function ‘Glib::ObjectBase*::create_new_wrapper(GObject*)’:
libs/glibmm2/glibmm/wrap.cc:70: error: cast from ‘void*’ to ‘guint’ loses precision
scons: *** [libs/glibmm2/glibmm/wrap.os] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.

Thanks for the help. This was my own mistake however. I had double entries in my PKG_CONFIG_PATH. Taking the double entry out fixed the problem. The error message g++ spit out didn’t exactly point straight to the solution. Sorry if I wasted your time.

On my FC6 x86_64 boxes, I don’t have this problem.

I note there have been tons of changes to glib on x86_64 for FC6. Have you done a yum update on your FC6 box?

I am updating (been a month) one of my x86_64 boxes now to see if this is a new problem.

Yes, the system is current - I’m kind of pathological about that.

I’ve built a version both for debugging and not debugging on my x86_64 box running FC6, after a yum update of this morning. Must be going wrong somewhere else.

stop by in irc.freenode.org #ardour and we can take a closer look at it.

If I may add to an old post. I recently built a new 64bit box, installed FC7, and trying to compile ardour 2.0.2 gives me the same problem. You mentioned you fixed the problem removing a double entry in you PKG_CONFIG_PATH. I’m rather new to x86_64, if I may ask what you have and don’t have in your PKG_CONFIG_PATH? I’m installing to /usr/local/ so I’ve included both lib and lib64 from /usr and /usr/local