Export a file containing markers only

3 replies [Last post]
osterchrisi
User offline. Last seen 43 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
A friend and I are collaborating on a few pieces together and I started by noting some recordings with markers. I did it kinda like Soundcloud, where you would just write stuff like "this is amazing", "there's a crackle in the recording here", "bass too loud" and so on at the corresponding time points of the recordings.

So, now I have my markers with my comments and I am looking for a way to export them. They don't need to be importable or anything. It would just be great to have a file sort of like

[00:10:02] This is amazing
[01:23:03] There's a crackle in the recording here
[04:44:32] Bass too loud

and so on... Is there a way to achieve this?
Thanks in advance for any help!

osterchrisi
User offline. Last seen 43 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Ah, I think I found a possible way to do it. I found that in the project.ardour file there is a section with all the markers in it. They are noted in xml(?) and with sample time as the location but I think I can get a programmer friend to quickly extract the messages with the corresponding Minute:Second timecodes next to it (samples/44.1(kHz)/60(s)). I am not a programmer but this looks doable.

seablade
User offline. Last seen 17 hours 11 min ago. Offline
That would likely be my recommendation to be honest. It wouldn't be difficult to code, and most of it could probably be accomplished with a simple sed script. The only real programming would likely be converting the sample values into timecode. The rest is just filtering and formatting.

Seablade

seablade
User offline. Last seen 17 hours 11 min ago. Offline
Well grep and sed sorry:)

Seablade