Swing - implemented the wrong way?

Hi,

first of all, does this forum has a search function? I was unable to find one, so i tried google to search for this issue with little success.
My problem is about swing quantization. When i select some notes to apply swing to them, it always moves the odd notes not the even ones. This article (http://www.attackmagazine.com/technique/passing-notes/daw-drum-machine-swing/2/) explains, that swing tries to move every second note according to the desired swing factor. But in case my case it only moves the odd ones. Even the code(https://github.com/Ardour/ardour/blob/master/libs/ardour/quantize.cc#L83) confirms that…
Is this an implementation issue of ardour or do i just misunterstand the concept of swing?

@brokenpipe

first of all, does this forum has a search function? I was unable to find one, so i tried google to search for this issue with little success.

Your web browser needs to be at least 1024px wide to see it, but then again a google site search is how it is implemented:)

It is only on the community site though I believe.

Ha, my browserwindow seems to be just some px to small. I have a screen resolution of 1280x1024, but maybe the scrollbar makes the inner browserwindow smaller than that. If i manually scale the window larger, i’m able to search :slight_smile: Is there a reason, why only the ones with such a high resolution are given the ability to search? The native resolution of my notebook screen is 1280x800 which is way to small… So don’t complain if users with such small resolution ask allready answered questions over and over again ;D

You are confusing width and height in those dimensions, width would be the larger number on both of those dimensions. Though I was apparently wrong on the width required as well, as it does seem to be a 1280 width required, so it doesn’t show up in either location if the window is full screen?

Seablade

Right, i messed up the dimensions, was a bit to late yesterday :). The search field is not shown while my browser is maximized. But when i hit F11 is shows up in the navbar. CSS says, it needs a window-width of at least 1279px which my browserwindow only has, if i set it to fullscreen by pressing F11. By the way, my firebug shows ‘TypeError: jQuery.browser is undefined’ happening in tableheader.js?x (Line 10), not shure whats going on there.

Hm, is nobody here using swing quantization?

" Linn realised that he could approximate the effect of a human drummer playing in swing timing by quantising each drum beat to the nearest step and then delaying the playback of every other step in the sequencer (to see how Linn introduced his ‘auto-correct’ and ‘shuffle’ features, take a look at the LM-1 manual). "