simple help

I have money, lots of songs to record. no problem with REAPER,CAKE WALK,GOLDWAVE,CUBASE, but I would like to swithch to linux from windows, haven’t used mac for years. No problem installing and running Ardour. I realy think this is the one BUT it’s realy hard to get going with a simple EQ. could someone help me down load and install any plugin to get me going
thanks

@musicstuff: BlackEQ from linuxDSP which also also has some other really great plugins. Worth every penny and more along with Ardour3 in my opinion.

You can find a partial list of plugins available here: http://www.libremusicproduction.com/tools If you use an audio-oriented linux distro like AVLinux or kxstudio you’ll get virtually all plugins and other music software installed by default.

Its hard to know exactly where you are experience wise, but if you hop onto an IRC chat you’ll find lots of help with linux and getting going with music. If you don’t know what IRC is (I didn’t when I was starting) go to https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net enter a username and in the channel type #opensourcemusicians,#ardour.

That will put you into 2 chatrooms: #opensourcemusicians is great for general questions and even kinda off topic stuff, and they can get you going. #ardour usually has more ardour-centric discussion but its a good place for questions if you can’t find anything in the manual.

Also check out libremusicproduction.com They just started going but their whole aim is to be the 1 stop shop to help people get started making music using open tools. Leave lots of comments so they know what they need to explain better.

Good luck!

Thanks very much! i went and looked it up…IRC…looks interesting. i am new to linux but i realy dig it. i have worked on over 20 CDs with differant DAWs and i’m catching on…a little.
i just need to get it all going.
all the best
O

@musicstuff

On the commercial end of things LinuxDSP and Harrison Mixbus (Based on Ardour v2, whereas Ardour v3 is out now and Mixbus v3 is in development iirc) are both highly recommended.

Seablade

definatly check out kx studio,

they have a bunch of great plugins that should be installed by default or easily intalled through the repos.

Calf EQ is my default go to eq
theres also eq10q

I use that on master buses as it just doesnt reallys uit being on channels

calf and eq have various different size of plugins from 1 band upto 8 for calf and 10 for eq

definatly check out kx studio,

they have a bunch of great plugins that should be installed by default or easily intalled through the repos.

Calf EQ is my default go to eq
theres also eq10q

I use that on master buses as it just doesnt reallys uit being on channels

calf and eq have various different size of plugins from 1 band upto 8 for calf and 10 for eq