Email issues (now resolved)

For about a day from 15:40 GMT on November 13th, all outbound email from ardour.org was being rejected by our outbound email server. The time on ardour.org had drifted more than 5 minutes from the email server’s own time. I have corrected the time and installed an NTP client to ensure that this does not happen again.

If you were expecting email from ardour.org in connection with a new account, attempt to reset your password and you will get a new email.

If you were expecting email from ardour.org in connection with a download, please contact me (paul@linuxaudiosystems.com) and I’ll get you the information you need.

Apologies for the problems.

I do not know if this is proper but I can find no other recourse. I purchased and downloaded Ardour but when I attempted to extract the files I received the message “file or folders not found”. I have had this happen with programs from the software center and said oh well, but when I pay for it and it does not work that is quite another matter.
As I said in the beginning I do not know if this is proper but I hope it provides me with some help or at least, given what seem to be a fairly commonly held opinion of Ubuntu/Debian neophytes as lazy nuisances who should go back to Windows, a trail of bread crumbs in the wilderness. Anything

This is not the proper recourse. Use the email address given (help@ardour.org) or find us on IRC (see the Support link at the top of every page on community.ardour.org)

Is Mantis also affected by this issue? I tried twice to register and never received a registration e-mail.

This issue was resolved well over 1 month ago. It would not have affected mantis, which is hosted on an entirely different system than ardour.org or community.ardour.org.