ASSIGNing MIDI-Inputs

Hi/Okay … ;

I know how to assing track inputs for audio tracks, but how does one do the same thing for MIDI-tracks ;

say I want a track called Kick-MIDI to record from my Behringer U-PHORIA UMC404 MIDI-In on channel 1 of 16, Snare on channel 2 of 16 and a pair of toms so on ;

is there an option somewhere to select the MIDI-In Port / Channel in the Mixer-window like it does for audio tracks ?

… for somehow I just quite don’t get to grips with the routing-window .

I know I’ve asked this before, but somehow I never got a satisfactory answer to my question (: .

• Toni S -

You can only select MIDI ports, not MIDI channels.

The MIDI channel selector that is visible in the track header when it is made tall enough will allow you to select which MIDI channel(s) are used for playback, but not for input. This has been requested by several people, and will show up at some time in the future.

There is a MIDI DIN plug icon in the mixer strip of all MIDI tracks which can be used to enable/disable MIDI input for that track.

The filter plugin from the x42 MIDI plugins collections can be used to select a specific MIDI channel to be delivered to instrument plugins in the track.