New Sleeping Philosophers album: Kayanga

So here’s the album, seven tracks made with Ardour. Thanks to the developers for such an awesome musical tool.

• Kayanga
  • Funny Gee
  • Pink Tones
  • Mirrors
  • The Seed
  • Russian Roulette
  • The Dawning of the Last Day

For now you can here it at Soundcloud:

In no time it should be up in Spotify, Deezer, iTunes, etc.

Physical albums available at www.thesleepingphilosophers.com in some days.

I hope you like it. :slight_smile:

Hi,

Listening now, tremendous work! Sincere congrats on your completion of such an ambitious project, wish you the best of success on this and future albums!

Thank you very much GMaq, I always appreciate your comments and support and I’m really glad you like it (as far as you have heard :wink: )

Hi,

Further comment… off the top the song arrangements and vocals are top-notch, the songs are like cinematography for the ears… :slight_smile: but I also VERY much like the instrument recordings, the guitar sounds are very authentic and not overproduced, I absolutely love the saturated electric piano that pops up here and there and the drums just sound like well-miked drums instead of artillery. I very much appreciate that you allow the songs to have such grandeur and yet don’t go overboard with effects on the instrument tracks and vocals themselves. To have such big and ambitious songs balanced with authentic and immediate sounds is a truly ingenious production strategy. A great example to learn from, thanks!

It’s been great to read your review, thank you for taking the time to listen to it properly. :slight_smile:

Thanks so much for posting your music for everyone to hear.

No, thanks to you for listening. :slight_smile:

BTW, I finally got the CDs, if anyone wants one, you can ask for them at the Philosophers’ Facebook Page.

These are some very nice clean recordings! Great mix

I’m really enjoying your tracks on Soundcloud. Thanks for sharing them.

Really glad you like it, dv-design.
Everything is available on Spotify, Deezer, iTunes etc too.
This last album (“Kayanga”) and the other ones as well (“The Time of the Sleeping Philosophers” and “Baghdad”).

Does the “2 albums CD+Shipping” on http://www.thesleepingphilosophers.com/ include the Kayanga album? it seems to be only “The Time of the Sleeping Philosophers” and “Baghdad”.
Is there a way to get them without having a FB account?

The new web is under development :wink:
Absolutely, send me an email, psstpsst at gmail

Thank you very very much!!!

I just received the CD in the mail and a hooked.

Great! I really hope you enjoy it! :smiley:

New video, Russian Roulette :slight_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buY0CS_4PHI

Awesome sounds!

What were the favorite plugins during mixing a mastering?

I like that the production switches between dry and a pleasant chorus wash in some parts, allows for an unusual dynamic that isn’t frequently used.

Thank you, OtherFashionable!
I usually use just a bunch of plugins, simple high pass filter, SC4 compressor, MKII eq, and GVerb.
:slight_smile:

I’m finishing the new album, “Zenda”, everything recorded with Ardour one again.
I will post it here when finished :slight_smile: