Can't open project

Hi all,

I’m new to Ardour, but it’s a great program. The problem I am having is that it will not open a project file (actually two of them). All the data is still there, but when I try to open it nothing happens and Ardour shuts down.

I can see the wav files, but when I try to click on them individually, they say they are in use by another program. I have restarted the computer, and that did not help.

Thanks,
X.

Well, the shell idea gave some information, but I don’t know what to make of it. Here is the relevant bit.

Thanks,
X

Loading session /home/xsnerk/Desktop/new song using snapshot new song (1)
unknown source port in attempted connection [Hydrogen-1:out_L]
ardour: [ERROR]: AudioEngine: cannot connect Hydrogen-1:out_L (Hydrogen-1:out_L) to ardour:Audio 2/in 1 (ardour:Audio 2/in 1)
unknown source port in attempted connection [Hydrogen-1:out_R]
ardour: [ERROR]: AudioEngine: cannot connect Hydrogen-1:out_R (Hydrogen-1:out_R) to ardour:Audio 2/in 2 (ardour:Audio 2/in 2)
subgraph starting at ardour timed out (subgraph_wait_fd=12, status = 0, state = Triggered)

**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 478.732 msecs

cannot read event response from client [ardour] (Connection reset by peer)
bad status for client event handling (type = 8)

**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 2996.739 msecs

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Which version of ardour is this? Can you post the .ardour file somewhere for developers to analyze?

Strange. Did you take any other steps than saving the session, closing Ardour and starting it again to load the session later on?

What version of Ardour?

Try running ardour2 from a shell to see if it says anything informative.