Is it possible to get Ardour to run with jackdmp???

I have Ardour 2.0.5 installed along with Stephane’s latest jackdmp, and Ardour doesn’t seem to be able to recognize that it is running. No Ardour windows show up, simply a warning that “You do not appear to have JACK installed. Please install it before running Ardour”. Is there a way to get around this problem? Or do I need to re-install Jack OS X when I use Ardour?

Thanks for any help-

Josh

Yes Ardour 2.05 can work with jackdmp.

1. If you have installed JackOSX, uninstall is using the “Uninstall” command located in /Applications/Jack

2. Get the latest jackdmp package (0.65 for now). Go in the /bin/osx folder and do a “sudo ./install_jackdmp” in a terminal.

3. Launch JackPilotMP located in /bin/osx to setup parameter and start jack server

4. Now ardour should see jackdmp running.

Thanks Stephane… However, these are the steps I have gone through and I still get that warning. Here is the output in Console for starting Jackdmp:

jackdmp 0.65
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
Copyright 2004-2007 Grame.
jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details

Nothing shows up in Console when I try to start Ardour and it fails (no crash log or anything). Just the warning window. Anything else I should look for?

Using OS X 10.4.10, 2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro.

Thanks for you help (and for the software!).

Best,

Josh

so… I’m not sure if this is a good idea or not, but creating a symlink called jackd to jackdmp in /usr/local/bin/ seems to have taken care of the problem with Ardour. It started right up, and sound was fine. Any reason not to do this?

Thanks,

Josh