ardour and clustering

hellow
I’m just a user (and beginner)

maybe its technically stupid ,and i’m sorry if it is!
i wondered if we can use two computer,Gigabit Ethernet connected,like one with ardour ,the other one with cpu big user like convolution reverb ,comp,pitch… ,or real clustering ?or a mix ardour on one side an a windows(sorry!) with lots of vst on the other side
i don’t know if its possible with a low latency use (±6ms) for live situation
I did not test yet linux and the vst,maybe all this is stupid!
sorry for my english
thanks

my dream …a stable “low latency computer mixing desk” with vst support , pre and post effect recording and a multitouchscreen

merci beaucoup d’exister

I can’t say I know a whole lot when it comes to DAWs, but I can confidently say that no, you won’t be able to do what your asking (from my understanding) via two computers connected even though gigabit ethernet. I’m not sure how you would even set that up, but even if someone did set that up, I’m pretty sure the latency would be a lot higher than you want. Correct me if I’m wrong. However, I do think you could do what you’re saying through either analog or digital (spdif) audio connections between the 2 computers, or using some kind of DA/AD converter between the two. That could definitely be a very reasonable setup. But I can’t say I actually know what I’m talking about, that just seems logical to me. Ethernet doesn’t (no offense). And also, connecting strictly through audio ins and outs, analog or digital, you don’t have to worry about Windows playing well with Mac or Linux (or Solaris?). You can use whatever systems you want.

actually it is possible, and actually done quite a bit. i’ve only ever played with it a tiny bit, but look into ‘netjack’ (which is an official part of jack itself now i think).

porl

I just saw that, I was researching and realized, “Hey, I’m wrong!” I kinda figured they’d call it JOE (Jack Over Ethernet), but I guess NetJack is good too.

damn, that’s a really crazy thing.
i tested it this moment, but i had no slave, but just from user jackd to root jackd via localhost it really works. (but here not verry smoot, it seems to have to much dropouts. (maybe because i use the jackd from svn and netjack 0.12, which is quite old), also it could be, that the 100mbit’s are to slow, but on localhost it shouldn’t matter.)

i’ll test this setup tomorrow, with a friend connected to the same lan.

i’ve been involved in tests with 8 laptops slaved to a single JACK master, on a Gigabit LAN. no dropouts.

do not assume that localhost is free of problems.

» En ucuz host

» ikizdere pirinç

» ikizdere çeltik

» ömer gavuzoğlu

» yakup gavuzoğlu

» şaban gavuzoğlu

» fotokopi servis

hellow
I’m just a user (and beginner)

maybe its technically stupid ,and i’m sorry if it is!
i wondered if we can use two computer,Gigabit Ethernet connected,like one with ardour ,the other one with cpu big user like convolution reverb ,comp,pitch… ,or real clustering ?or a mix ardour on one side an a windows(sorry!) with lots of vst on the other side
i don’t know if its possible with a low latency use (±6ms) for live situation
I did not test yet linux and the vst,maybe all this is stupid!
sorry for my english
thanks

my dream …a stable “low latency computer mixing desk” with vst support , pre and post effect recording and a multitouchscreen

merci beaucoup d’exister

Biber Hapı

Acı Cehre

Acı Cehre

Fx15

Fx15

Fx15

Biber Hapı

Lida Ankara

Lida İstanbul

Kefir Hapı

Biber Hapı