New Linux Audio Home Studio

Hi everyone -

I just recently got back into music after many years. I switched my home studio to Linux after many frustrating headaches with Windows 10. I must say, I am absolutely blown away by Ardour (as well as the entire kxstudio suite). I am currently running everything on a Chromebook with Crouton and Debian.

I created a new soundcloud account to host my Linux music creations and have a couple of Ardour-produced tracks posted:

That is pretty cool you can do it all on a Chromebook. I take it you have one of the Intel processor Chromebooks? KXStudio doesn’t have ARM builds, does it?

Yeah - My Chromebook is the Acer c670. So, it is an intel celeron-based processor. I am actually pretty impressed overall. For $157, it is a pretty low-end device, but it seems to handle everything just fine so far. I am using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface and it worked right out of the box.

It doesn’t look like KXStudio has arm support :frowning:

The “experiments” on your Soundcloud page are really nice. Looking forward to hearing what you will do when you’re familiar with the setup.

Thanks for the feedback! I look forward to learning more about Ardour and will continue with my experiments while I learn.