Preferances page in windows remains blank

The preferances page doesn’t show the folder path to the vst’s in windows…so i am not able to change the folder path for vst’s.Am i doing something wrong?

This is a known bug.

The workaround: reattach the preferences to the main window. Quit and restart.

There will be a solution forthcoming very soon (although to be honest, I still don’t quite understand the issue).

This bug has just been fixed in git, so nightly versions from tommorow on will contain it (August 28th)

Thanks a lot Paul. Hope my writing thanks doesn’t add up to ur workload of opening so many mails and replying. Regards

Hi the bug is still there in ver 5.3…i have submitted a bug report…

I’m getting the same issue in Linux on Ubuntu Studio 16.04. Happened in 5.0.5 and now in 5.3.0. Main section of Preference window is blank, menu on the left hand side is visible. Page stays blank when selecting menu items. I’m sure it will be sorted by next release. Thanks to Paul and all the crew.

MOTU 828Mk3 Output problem

My 828 has messed up analog outs when assigned thru USB 2.0 connection from Ardour v5 software. Here are the details:

Ardour to 828 routing:
Ardour Track (4 outputs) to Master Busses = 1 to 1, 2 to 2, 3 to 3, 4 to 4
Master Buss Outs to 828 = M1 to Analog 1, M2 to Analog 2, M3 to Analog 3, M4 to Analog 4 (no other routing to 828!!)
Results at 828 analog outs:
Mono track panned to master output # 1 = equal audio levels on 828 outputs 3 & 4
Mono track panned to master output # 2 = equal audio levels on 828 outputs 1 & 3
Mono track panned to master output # 3 = equal audio levels on 828 outputs 2 & 4
Mono track panned to master output # 4 = equal audio levels on 828 outputs 3 & 4
*Note that the Ardour Master Fader meters respond to the panning correctly, i.e. - audio only appears on the correct master out meter.

Need help as I want to master/monitor some quadraphonic mixes I did back in the 1970s so I need the 828 analog outputs to behave properly.

Thanks,

Sorry! Posted last post in the wrong location…