Wrong GUI render.

Hi everyone,

I’m using the following Ardour version:

Ardour 5.5.199
(rev 5.5-280-g37e858da7)
Intel 64-bit

And I have a strange problem when Ardour render the tracks.

If you can see the follow video, at second 0:13, you’ll see how tracks blinking.

Sorry for low quality video. Inside log error windows, appear the follow:

[INFO]: Loading 2 MIDI patches from /home/farpi/.config/ardour5/patchfiles
[INFO]: Loading 88 MIDI patches from /usr/share/ardour5/patchfiles
[INFO]: Loading history from /home/farpi/Ardour/jams/jams.history
[ERROR]: could not reconstitute StatefulDiffCommand from XMLNode. object type = ARDOUR::AudioPlaylist id = 12854
[ERROR]: could not reconstitute StatefulDiffCommand from XMLNode. object type = ARDOUR::AudioPlaylist id = 12932
[ERROR]: could not reconstitute StatefulDiffCommand from XMLNode. object type = ARDOUR::AudioPlaylist id = 12854
[INFO]: could not reconstitute MementoCommand from XMLNode. object type = SelectionMemento id = 38
[ERROR]: could not reconstitute StatefulDiffCommand from XMLNode. object type = ARDOUR::AudioPlaylist id = 12932
[INFO]: could not reconstitute MementoCommand from XMLNode. object type = SelectionMemento id = 38

Does it a known bug? How can I solve it?

Thank a lot.
Cesc

That’s an interesting bug and not a known issue as far as I know. it looks like you’ve managed to hit a sweet spot for auto-scroll/paging.

What settings in Menu > transport do you use? Follow Playhead? Stationary Playhead? Can you reproduce this at any window size? it might be that just making the sidebar smaller avoids this.

PS. it’d be more appropriate to report this on http://tracker.ardour.org/

PS. those error/info messages are unrelated. Ardour failed to load undo history data for the given session, this can happen if the history diverged since last save.

Hi,

I use “follow playhead” and I haven’t could try yet. I will do later. Now I’m going to create the issue to bug tracker and we can track it there.

Best regards.

This is the issue:

http://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=7185