Mixing

Hi all.
A curiosity about mixing the song just made. I’ve read somewhere, don’t remember where actually, somebody saying he uses to record at 41KHz and mixing at 96KHz.
Is this possible? I think if one records at 41KHz, that’s the input frequency and cannot be changed once it’s been recorded, or?

Different question. During the analog mixing I can change and modify the various tracks in real time, while they are playing.
So the final product on the tape, or whatever the destination is, will be recorded in the way I chose,
Is this possible on Ardour? I mean: I record the tracks in a certain way. I finish recording and start mixing. But I don’t export the song while mixing, I do this after, right? So the mix can be done and stored, saved before to export the final product.
Is this correct?

Last question. Panning a mono track. I’ve read the topic here and the manual. But. If I want to move a sound, let’s say a guitar for example, from left channel to right channel, only in a certain point of the track, can it be done in the mix? The guitar is recorded only on a mono track and not doubled.

It doesn’t make a lot of sense to mix at a dfferent sample rate, and you’d have to sample rate convert all your tracks first. Some dynamics porocessors resample internally for good resaons, but that’s completely transparent

The answer to your second and third questions is automation. For the values you want to change during the mix, set the automation controls to “write” so your fader and pan movements are recorded, then set them to 'play" and:
(1) next time you play back the mix, those movements will be repeated automatically
(2) they will also be incorporated in your export.

There’s a lot more to it than that, but the automation controls are the manual section you need to be reading…

Thank you ana, you mean in the mixer I guess.
I saw there are some videos around, I’ll check them out.