Update, VPO and MIDI
1 - I downloaded the latest Ardour version but not yet installed. Since I have some works made with the 5.5, I'm quite cautious about the update. Do I have first to remove the previous version or I can install the latest over the older?
2 - Virtual Playing Orchestra. After dozens attempts, I understood that it doesn't work for me. Since the other topic remained silenced after many posts, I have to admit it. I don't know if it depended on linuxsampler or something else, anyways I'm not able to export any track. The file I get, as wrote in the other thread, it's 0 byte large and empty.
I made an attempt. I downloaded the Sonatine Orchestra and tried to record a couple tracks, each with a different intrument. Well, it worked. I exported the tracks and they are there, without any problems.
3 - and here we arrive at my problems with MIDI export in the other thread. There's been a fundamental misunderstanding: I did NOT have to export MIDI tracks, meant as MIDI signals, but audio track WITH MIDI recorded. And it works, so I solved my basic problem.
Communication problems I guess, beside my inexperience. With maybe not much receptivity on the other side. But, until it works, it should be ok.