I have start/end recording problems with a saved template

I do a recording /mixing session, and when I have a setup that I like, I save it as a template. But when I use this template to record, the end marker doesn’t move. I can record ok, but after stopping recording, I have to hunt up the End marker and slide it out to the end of the session. If I don’t do this the session looks like it’s only a minute or so long.
What can I do to fix this?
Thanks

BTW, the version is 5.8.0 “Music for Airplay” (rev 5.8) Intel 64-bit on Ubuntu 16.04

This happened to me also when using a template created with Ardour 4.7 with Ardour 5.8. Might be some bug in the conversion to newer format. I have not yet tried recreating the template with 5.8.

This happened to me also when using a template created with Ardour 4.7 with Ardour 5.8. Might be some bug in the conversion to newer format. I have not yet tried recreating the template with 5.8.
my templates are all from 5.8 - I'm a newbie with Ardour.

This issue should now be fixed in master and testable in the nightly builds. It would be appreciated if this could be confirmed.

Please in future submit all issues/bugs to the bug tracker rather than the forum.

Thanks for fixing. I’ll use the bug tracker next time. Someone else will have to test - I don’t want to build Ardour.

Nightly build test (it was easier to do than I expected) I got the same results - the “end” marker doesn’t move. I tried both lib 4 and 5 versions - this is the build number: (rev 5.8-698-g8614984)
I’ll open this on the bug tracker.