Ardour 5.10 released
We are pleased to announce the availability of Ardour 5.10. This is primarily a bug-fix release, with several important fixes for recent selection/cut/copy/paste regressions along with fixes for many long standing issues large and small.
This release also sees the arrival of VCA slave automation, along with improvements in overall VCA master/slave behaviour. There are also significant extensions to Ardour's OSC support.
General Fixes and Improvements
- (Time) Range selection and copy/cut/paste now works again.
- Selection and copy/cut/paste for automation tracks now works again.
- Extend list of reserved track/port names (including translated versions of "Click").
- Fix another case where potentially illegal track/port names were not checked correctly.
- Context click on
[Marker] > loop rangeshould set loop range.
- Tweak/fix splash screen management.
- Update writable status of a Save-as copy of a Session.
- Add note name parser to convert to midi note number.
- VST parameter names can now be up to 128 characters long.
- Remember the state (shown/hidden, attached/detached) of the Monitor section.
- Ardour's own custom buttons now correctly reflect the initial state of the action they control.
- Stop crash after deleting a group.
- Fix double "Tape" in Record Mode drop down when adding new track.
- Support note name editing in midi list editor.
- Fix out-of-bounds waveform image rendering.
- Set Display Name for OSX/macOS.
- Fix libhid compile with /recent/ libc (GNU_SOURCE).
- Fix failure to laod old tempo maps.
- Use correct variable in BasicUI::jump_by_seconds.
- Tempo sections with a BBT start XML node are never ramped.
- Sort tempo map after legacy sections have been assigned a pulse.
- Include ParameterDescriptor in read-only control output.
- Implement basic AU parameter-printing.
- Pretty print control-outputs in generic-UI.
- Always create a deep copy of MIDI regions when copying playlists.
- Use correct names when setting MidiTrack properties.
- Use correct property name in generic MIDI surface.
- Allow export presets for 176.4KHz.
- When creating a new session after working on one, the "Cancel" button should be a quit button.
- Duplicate routes start off unsoloed to avoid issues related to upstream / downstream buses.
- If actively recording, prevent interaction between mouse and audio clock widget(s).
- Remove "Close" button from import-dialog (prefer WM close button).
- Import Dialog now behaves now other dialogs/windows when using Escape.
- Add route dialog now has "Add" and "Add and Close" buttons. "Add" keeps dialog open so user can add multiple templates.
- Fix recording-region graphics when using count-in.
- Fix reversed logic in legacy tempo secton detection.
- Tempo lines display subdivisions correctly over a tempo change.
- Fix crash when showing plugin-UI in safe-mode.
- Fix DSP in a-EQ, when parameters change very slowly.
- Fix playhead behaviour when synced to JACK tranport.
- When dragging notes, keep the note length correct even if tempo changes across the drag.
- a-EQ: Tweak knob layout to be less confusing.
- Make Import the default action in the Import Dialog.
- Restore the state of the autoplay button in the import dialog.
- Consistent "cancel/close" button position on the left.
- Add a file-chooser LuaDialog Widget.
- Update LuaDialog example script to include File/Folder selection.
- Add Lua bindings for VCAs and VCAManager.
VCA & Automation
- Do not crash when removing a VCA master.
- Fix relative grouped + VCA slaved gain.
- Fix Monitor Group override.
- Allow group gain sharing + VCA again.
- Remember subgroup-bus.
OSC Support and Control
- Add Automation control to OSC.
- Faders can select automation mode.
- Frame work to add automation for more controls
- Add Touch message for faders.
- Add fake timeout based touch.
- GUI settings take effect on first incoming message.
- Catch case of surface sending fader move before touch.
- Add optional paging to sends in select.
- Add option to send /reply instead of #reply (OSC1.0 compat).
- Select channel plugin support with paging.
- Allow set_surface and settings GUI to set send and plugin page sizes.
- Improve all control surfaces' handling of track/bus selection changes.
- Midi map for Alesis QX25.
- Update FaderPort8: new possible controllable parameters.
- Mackie Control: Momentarily light buttons when they are used to trigger a defined action. (This is mainly for F-keys)
- Mackie Control: If a button is not assigned an action, it will not light, hopefully indicating to the user that it is unmapped).
- Mackie Control: F-keys are reserved only for user-defined actions; no need for explicit handling.
- Mackie Control: configuration panel should display the profile name when any button action is changed.
- Mackie Control: Assign some F-keys for default user profile.
- Mackie Control map the well-known EQ knobs more explicitly, not heuristically.
- Mackie Control: Fix issue with strip "select" buttons that stayed stuck on.
- German (Edgar Aichinger).
- Russian (Alexander Prokoudine).
Ben Loftis, Damien Zammit, Daniel Sheeler, Johannes Mueller, John Emmas, Len Ovens, Nick Mainsbridge, Nils Geisweiller, Paul Davis, Robin Gareus, Tim Mayberry