M-Audio FireWire 1814

2 replies [Last post]
B0bsmith
B0bsmith's picture
User offline. Last seen 1 week 5 days ago. Offline
Does anyone know the recommended Alsa and/or Jack settings I should be using for this interface? I had it working but I must have changed something. Now, nothing. No audio, no signal in or out, but also no error messages. It looks like it should be working when I look at settings, but I get only silence.

Thanks in advance!

gennargiu
gennargiu's picture
User offline. Last seen 1 day 1 hour ago. Offline
hi. read on ffado site for compatibility maudio firewire 1814 - http://www.ffado.org/?q=comment/12869#comment-12869

Its working for me!
Permalink Submitted by Brad87 (not verified) on Tue, 05/12/2015 - 22:29

I have an m-audio fw1814 working currently with ffado-mixer. The computer is sending audio via virewire and it is playing out of 2 stereo monitors hooked up to the device! I am not a developer and I do not know what I did to make it work, aside from installing the packages and disabling pulseaudio auto start.

Currently pulse is not started, I can only control volume from inside ffado mixer... if someone would like to have a remote session with me and analyse my configuration I would be more than happy... lets get this device officially supported!

contact me at brad87(at)gmail.com if you would like to talk more about this... I have been trying to get in touch with members of the project but its harder than i thought as the irc channel is all but empty.

B0bsmith
B0bsmith's picture
User offline. Last seen 1 week 5 days ago. Offline
Thanks! I got it working again after posting this... but it is so flaky. The channels are all mapped funny, and it stopped working again, then started, etc. I hooked up my 2 channel PreSonus AudioBox for now which is working well. I'd really love to get those 8 channels on the FW working though. But I don't feel like wrestling with it every day