New audio track spikes

6 replies [Last post]
elderpmc45
elderpmc45's picture
User offline. Last seen 4 days 9 hours ago. Offline
Good afternoon... I just started using Ardour and for some reason, every time I add an audio track the sound level spikes. It will make heavy feedback and I have no clue how to reset it. I can't use the application because of it. Do I need to just reinstall it, or is it some setting that went haywire? I happened after I recording vocals and my mic preamp got unplugged by mistake before I could properly turn it off. Anyone have any ideas?

paul
paul's picture
User offline. Last seen 18 hours 6 min ago. Offline
What audio/MIDI backend are you using, and on what platform?

elderpmc45
elderpmc45's picture
Im using an Irig preamp on MacOS.

paul
paul's picture
audio/MIDI backend: this is part of Ardour. My guess it that you are not using JACK, correct?

paul
paul's picture
Please go ahead and recreate the problem. Then take 4 screenshots of the Window > Audio Connections dialog. The first should show Hardware on the left (as sources) and Ardour Tracks on the bottom (as destinations). The second should show Ardour Tracks on the left and Ardour Busses on the bottom. The third should show Ardour Tracks on the left and Hardware on the bottom. The last one should show Ardour Busses on the left and Hardware on the bottom. Store them on an image hosting site like imagebin.com and post the URLs here.

Alternatively join us on IRC during US Eastern time (UTC-5) between about 09:00 and 22:00. My nick is "las". That would likely be a lot faster.

elderpmc45
elderpmc45's picture
Im not using JACK, that's correct. To be honest, recreating the problem is as simple as adding an audio track. Now, I will submit the screenshots of the audio calibration that I did using the program. It gave two quick errors that I was able to catch. What is funny is that after I did that I opened my file again that the issue had occurred in and the levels are working fine now. I am not sure, but I do want to know what caused it, whether it be human or system error so that I won't have to worry about this occurring again, or at least what I must do to remedy it in the future. This is the first time I have used this site, but here is the generated link. https://ibb.co/fOc8w5

Please confirm that you are able to access.

paul
paul's picture
Yep, I can see that one.