MIDI Key-range filter doesn't have all keys.

8 replies [Last post]
Ralf
User offline. Last seen 2 days 21 hours ago. Offline
I was planning to use MIDI Key-Range filter as a way to make a drum mixer for my Roland td 11.
But i found that when I used the scrollwheel to set lowest and highest note I couldn't get all of them. D, F, G#, and B was missing.

Is it a bug or am I just stupid (that's allways a possibility), or is there somekind of workaround.

I tried downloading and replacing the x-42-midifilterpackages if the ones in the repos was old or something, but it didn't help.

Ralf
User offline. Last seen 2 days 21 hours ago. Offline
Anyone...

Lexridge
User offline. Last seen 2 hours 48 min ago. Offline
I have this same problem too. I noticed it first back in July when I was editing a downloaded MIDI file. I worked around it by moving the notes manually. It was painful, to say the least! I guess it has not yet been examined by x42, or he cannot reproduce the same issue. I have not really done anything since then. No time :(

Lexridge
Oh, another thought on the subject. I first thought the instrument patch I was using just didn't have the range for the octave I was trying to obtain, but since I was able to play those notes on a MIDI keyboard using the same patch, that was obviously not the problem. Have you checked to see if that could be the case in your instrument?

x42
x42's picture
User offline. Last seen 7 hours 10 min ago. Offline
It's a bug in the "ClickBox" in Ardour's generic plugin GUI that has been around since a while (Ardour 5.5ish) and has meanwhile been fixed, but didn't make it into the 5.12 release.

This affects all integer-step controls for all plugins in the Ardour-provided Generic-UI. You can work-around this by using the slider (or numeric-entry) in the Editor Automation Lane for the given control, or use the mixer-strip inline-slider. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Lexridge
Thanks for the reply x42. If I were to build the latest Ardour from git, would the fix be included there?

x42
x42's picture
User offline. Last seen 7 hours 10 min ago. Offline
@Lexridge: yes, but you do not want to use current git. it is undergoing a major overhaul (6.0-pre0) and is not ready to be used, except for throw-away sessions and testing:
http://lists.ardour.org/pipermail/ardour-users-ardour.org/2017-September/028476.html

Lexridge
Haha! I read this too late. I discovered last night that 6.0pre was presently in the git, after I pulled it. It's okay however, although it did build without errors, I didn't install it and I still am running the 5.12 build from a few weeks ago. I have not yet done a project with it but I will test it out soon.

Lexridge
Oh, btw, when will this fix trickle down to Mixbus, or has it already?