Manual configured audio track for output?

How dose the manual output of an audio tack work, the one you chose when you create a new track? way can’t I connect it to anything in the routing grid?

If you create an audio track, the output goes to Master.
Master goes to hardware output.
You can change this.
One way to change output is:
right click on name of track / select “outputs” / you will see lots of options.

There are many more ways to do a lot of connections, but this is the most basic.

I cant connect a normal audio track (when I configured is “manual” instead of “stereo”) to anything nothing happens when i click on any output. is this normal or a bug?

When I try adding a audio output port it says: Its not possible to add a port here…
way is it not possible? If I can’t add an output then this track is worthless? what would you use it for?

You’re not trying to add an output port, i suspect. You need to connect it. Window > Audio Connections or click on the “out” button at the bottom of the corresponding mixer strip. Also, IRC for more useful interaction when asking questions like this.

This is some screen shoots I hope there helpful
http://www.filedropper.com/ardour

What I try to do is to connect this track to anything out, but Ardour wont, and it looks strange the rectangular connection-buttons in the routing grid have white appearance. Ok I’ll try ICR chat next time :smiley:

I have no idea what type of file that was that you zipped up. It looks like some windows-specific reporting format, which is not usable (or useful) to us.

Greyed out “buttons” in the routing grid normally indicate type mismatches (e.g. audio vs. MIDI)

Okej, I simply can’t understand for what reason I would go manually instead of the other options like mono or stereo? Can not connect anything in or out of the track.
It not a problem but a simple question, all connections are grey out and Ardour wont connect anything to this track, not in or out. no error message nothing happens when I try to connect it.
whats going on?

A screenshot would be helpful. I suggest joining us on IRC, though I can’t promise I’ll be around much until Monday US eastern day time.