Load and Save MIDI-BUS Presets (Effects etc)

Hi,
i use Ardour since some Days…
Just used Cubase before…

So, and in Cubase i can load Effect BUS Presets, with all my Plugins, and their Presets…

Is it possible to do this with Ardour too?

For example…
I made a “Test” project, to setup a Drumsound for avldrumkit…
Now i would like to save all the Settings with Compressor EQ’s reverbs and so on…

If i made a “normal” project just import this “Preset” or Template, and i’m ready to start…

For Audiotrack i can use the Template function… thats for sure…
But, how do i with Midi-Bus?

Kind regards
Gala

Hi! Here’s some test how Ardour saves and loads templates for Audio/MIDI-tracks & MIDI-buses:

All you need - just click the right mouse into the colored button at the mixer strip and choose “Save as Template”…
Also you can copy files from folder “Home/.config/ardour5/route_templates” (Linux) to any backup folder for storing in case of OS/Ardour re-installations. If you’re a windows user - I think there must be some location too.

One thing else: you need to restart Ardour to be able to see your just-made templates in the new track adding window.

How it works to save, i know… but how to load it in a new project?
If i try to create a new MIDI-Bus i cant choose my template, because the drop down menu is grey.

So what i exactly want is:
Make a Midi-Bus for Black Pearl Multi Drumkit (avl-drumkit)
Fan out all to “Tracks”
Make Compression EQ Rewerb and so on on Kick, Tom, and so on…
Save all signle “Track” as Preset…
The point how to save them are highly clear… But…
To Load them into new Projects…
For example i will produce a full Album with Drums who sounds exactly the same at each Song…

There are no chances to “click left” on the “colored” button at the mixer strip and chose “Load from Template” … :frowning:

Where will Ardour save the current settings of a Bus/Track?
Maybe i can “load” it over detours with sed for example…
I think that will be faster then create everything new :wink:

Kind regards, and marry Cristmas :slight_smile:
Gala

“If i try to create a new MIDI-Bus i cant choose my template, because the drop down menu is grey”
I think, I understood what is going on.)) - You are using 5.11 or previous version of Ardour. I also had some confusion with it, but my videos on this topic were recorded with Ardour 5.12.

If you have a midi bus template, you need to choose an “audio” bus category in the “Add Track/Bus/VCA” window (in Ardour 5.11 or previous):

This issue was amended in Ardour 5.12 (the “Add Track/Bus/VCA” was reorganized successfully)

P.S.: If you’ll need to load several tracks with specific routing and plugins in one click - there’s also a great possibility to save a “session” template. (In Linux it saves at “Home/.config/ardour5/templates”):

If you’ll need to load several tracks with specific routing and plugins in one click - there’s also a great possibility to save a “session” template.
YES baby!!! Thats where i’m looking for!! :smiley:
You made my day :slight_smile:
Thank you very very very much :slight_smile:

You are using 5.11
Yep… on Ubuntu Studio 17.10
Thank you again and marry Christmas :slight_smile:

Glad to know!
:))My little payment to community is realizing!

Marry Christmas :slight_smile: