moving multiple regions without copying them..

2 replies [Last post]
calimerox
calimerox's picture
User offline. Last seen 15 hours 28 min ago. Offline
What happens to me a lot when i m editing multiple regions is that the regions get copied and stay underneath the moved region. this can sometimes mess up a lot of work and make mixing unpredictable..

what i do: mark regions from multiple tracks.

move these regions or apply to all a fade in or fade out.

half of the time everything is fine. the other half the regions get copied and stay underneath the newly altered region.

I have no idea how i trigger this behaviour, maybe there is a shortcut i m not aware of ? How could i prevent this from happening? thank you !

colinf
colinf's picture
User offline. Last seen 2 weeks 22 hours ago. Offline
<Ctrl>+drag copies regions, leaving the original in place: maybe you've just done <Ctrl>+"something else" immediately before and haven't let go of the control key quickly enough, or you've done done <Ctrl>+click to select mutiple regions and accidentally dragged enough to make a region copy. I've done both of these things :)

calimerox
calimerox's picture
User offline. Last seen 15 hours 28 min ago. Offline
aah! this is pretty probable! as i usually mark with Ctrl+click the regions! so while marking them a tiny little mouse shift would copy all the marked regions already... I wonder if i can disable the shortcut ctrl+drag to circumvent that issue...