Vertical guide

I often feel the need to place a vertical guide spanning all tracks and rulers, e.g. for alignment purposes. Similar to the playhead, but staying in place until I remove them.

Can this be done?

if you create a marker and click on it to select it, you will get a thin vertical guide. You can use ctrl-click to select multiple markers.

just 2 cents: one makes a really complex program because he can & like to do it, and many many others “try” to use that program only because they’re making music with it. only machines can have all that program in memory. help one another might be the key, if no one is in the willing to make only money with that. your thoughts are very welcome. maybe a new topic???

pom pom pom pom polom pom poooolom! (circus riddim))
Folks, it was the day joke by Mr Paul Davis!
pom pom pom pom polom pom poooolom!

HTH? This is basically what I was looking for! Thanks!

hah! oops! sorry! don’t know my own program sometimes :frowning:

@sciurius: maybe you’ll like in the “view” menu the item “show marker lines”? HTH

Yes, that is exactly what I had in mind.

@paul: Yes, something like that but more than one and permanently visible.
A right click choice “Permanent guide” …

sciurius … i think that to be honest, it’s extremely unlikely that we’d add that feature at any time in the foreseeable future. At best, it might be an option on an individual marker to always show the “full height” vertical line.

In Reaper you get two vertical lines also when selecting a midi or audio region (at the start and end position of the region).
Such a tool would be very handy when moving regions.