Kawai USB-midi

Hello

I am thinking about purchasing a Kawai CN37 but have not found any information about generic USB-MIDI.

Anyone knows more about Kawai and their implementationer. I get that their preset editors and piano technichian software might ned Windows or OSX drivers but that is not what I am askimg about.

Tia

/Anders

The spec sheet is here: http://www.kawai-global.com/product/cn37/

It is not clear if the USB interface is class-compliant, but it does have midi ports. If I were you and I really wanted this digital piano, I would buy it and try the USB. If it didn’t work, I would buy a cheap midi interface that is known to work on Linux.

Thanks, Michael

Already studied the spec and did not find anything regarding this.

I have contacted Kawai in my country to verify this and sure and they could not give a straight answer but would get back later when the had the answer., I can work around the problem if necessary. I have somthing like 14 midi keyboards that all are class compliant and would rather not use extra interface for connecting it.

Just ask them if it works with an iPad. If yes, then it works on Linux.

Yeah, I know but I would rather make them understand that as a regular user with only one simple question, hey can make an effort to give a good and correct answers to my original question regarding Linux and potentially have a new customer or lose the csaid ustomer.

It is a make or break question more than me getting the correct answer.

I have read that VPC1 and cs11 models gets recognised by alsa midi so I am rather confident it will work with most other kawai gear but that doesn’t mean Kawai will respond with real insight but more likely. We do not support linux, unfortunately.

/Anders

Just for reference in case someone find this thread.

Kawai germany responded to my question and this is the response:
“all current Kawai digital pianos are USB Class compliant”

Kawai has no public documentation/matrix regarding this however.

/Anders