Music page updated

I make music with Ardour and other Linux audio software, the results can be heard here:

http://linux-sound.org/ardour-music.html

Recently updated with many new pieces. Enjoy !

Really nice stuff (especially the blues related ones).

Thanks from my mp3 player and my ears :slight_smile:

DavePhillips,

Great! “Tell Me Again” …very nice, you have a great timbre to your voice. My wife is a children’s book author and is about to release a book on Alzheimer’s Disease, I can’t wait to play this song for her. Thanks for sharing your work.

eLRIC and GMag: Thank you for your comments. I’ve received some very nice messages about Tell Me Again, it seems to strike a nerve. I guess a lot of us have to deal with such events these days.

Good luck in your own Ardouristic endeavors ! :slight_smile:

Dave,

Popped back to your site again for another listen, Can’t Nobody Hide is awesome! Great job on those harmonies.

I hope to get something similar up in the near future, It’s a lot nicer for people to be able to stream them than having to download and listen from a file sharing site.

Thanks for so generously sharing your compositions, it is a real testimony to not only your own talents, but just how versatile Ardour is.

I’m blushing. :slight_smile:

Thanks, GMaq, you’re very kind, I appreciate that you’ve listened to my songs. More stuff is in the works, including some more originals. All recorded in Ardour, of course.

Best,

dp

Thanks Dave for your contribution here.

I enjoyed all the tunes especially “Trio for Flute, Guitar, and Bassoon” Anton Webern is one of my favorites this reminded of his work.

A request from you I would like to make since I noticed the blues influence in some pieces.

Anything by “Johnnie Shines” if you know Robert Johnson I am sure you know Johnnie.

Regards

Philip

Thank you, Philip, I’m glad you liked my music. That trio was indeed written with a 12-tone row (with many liberties taken). I’m a big fan of Webern’s music myself, 12-tone music techniques fascinate me. I am also a blues player, and yes indeed I know Johnnie Shines’s music. I saw him a few times back in the 1970s, he was a great performer. I’ll have to go back and give him a listen, maybe I can pick up a few tunes from his repertoire. Btw, I keep about six Robert Johnson songs in my performance lists, including Love In Vain, Come On In My Kitchen, Malted Milk, Kind Hearted Woman, and a few extras. Let me know if you’d like to hear any of them, I’ll record them asap. Actually, as soon as I get my voice back. Advice to singers: Don’t sing at outdoors parties on cool damp nights ! :slight_smile: