Export won't render 88.2 mix to 44.1.., Time sensitive Please help.

So a quick FYI. I’m a Sonar refugee and have found I really enjoy the workflow and sound of Ardour and Mixbus. I started a session with a new client and decided I would take the plunge and do the entire session Sonar free. It’s been going GREAT! But now I’m at mixdown stage and the export wav of the mix plays sped up in all other software. OK. Seems like a sample rate issue.
But…
#1 uhh WHY?
#2 How do I fix this before my client comes tomorrow!!!

So I recorded the session 32 float/88.2Khz through a Mackie 1620 Firewire. Mackie says it’s driver sample rate is dictated by the DAW and changes accordingly internally. When I open up the ASIO driver panel it is listed as 44,1 but I’m not sure it would say anything if it’s happening “internally”.

So…
My work around was to install Jack and direct the audio output to Audicity and print the mix like we used to in the old days running a mix to 1/4". Wouldn’t that degrade the sound though possibly??? Would that even work? IDK. You ppl are real smart out there and I trust your guidance. All I know is I have to figure this out today. I’m not getting anywhere in my searches. (Perhaps my search words are at fault)
Thank you for any help you can provide.

Dennis
(“Damn it Jim, I’m a Musician not a software engineer !”)

You should get on IRC where we can help you in real time, rather than via this creaky old web forum. Link at the bottom left of every page here.

My work around was to install Jack and direct the audio output to Audicity and print the mix like we used to in the old days running a mix to 1/4". Wouldn't that degrade the sound though possibly??? Would that even work?

Just to answer this part of things, not sure if Audacity supports Jack, but if it does it would work fine honestly, and because you are just talking about digital audio, so long as there is no resampling or processing between Ardour output and Audacity input, it should not degrade in any way. I assume you would resample on export from Audacity in this situation.

Now all that being said, take Paul’s advice and jump on IRC using the link at the bottom of the webpage and talk to people in real time. We should figure out what is causing you problems exporting and resampling to 44.1, that is not normal.

Seablade

Thanks Guys. I’ll try IRC when I get a chance. The Audacity thing won’t work. You are right…not supported by Audacity. So for now I’m going to have to do a hardware dump from one computer to another. Don’t have time to mess around and will just have to deal with D/A to A/D conversions. It’s the only way I can make my deadline. Hopefully I’ll figure this out and be able to send out a proper render down the line. Annoying, yes…but not the end of the world.
D

This just isn’t/should not be necessary. If you had been on IRC during the (US-ish) daytime, I am fairly sure we could have fixed this in a few minutes of asking you questions. At this point (closing in on 23:00 for US eastern), I suspect not.