Audiophile 2496 Configuration in Fedora 9

I am fairly new to Linux and brand new to Ardour and DAW’s. I have just installed Fedora 9 on a dual boot custom PC with an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 PCI card. I cannot get any sound into or out of the card. I have installed Ardour and all of the dependencies, (Jack, Pulse Audio, ect.). There are a lot of issues on the Fedora forum with sound and the 2496 card. I am sure that all of the pieces are there but nobody seems to have the whole solution outlined. I know a response may be lenghthy but is anyone willing to assist me to get it configured in Fedora 9? If so I would like the following information:

1. Required packages.
  2. Conflicting packages that need to be removed.
  3. The required configuration under Hardware/Sound Card.
  4. How to set the M-Audio mixer to get PC sounds and input sounds from my external mixer.
    I would like to thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer. I came to this forum because I know that people here are using the same hardware and programs.

I have an m-audio 2496 and I use envy24control. I think you need alsa-tools and alsa-tools-gui packages. Install them and type envy24control in the terminal. The interface is very similar to the Windows version you can see in the User Guide. Besides, the Guide covers your question number 4.
I’m not running fedora though.
I hope this helps
Pablo

Also what could be checked (I had the same problem in Ubuntu Studio), is your onboard audio disabled in your bios? I found out that was the problem why I didn got any audio, after installing all the needed drivers and configuration to my 2496. Also check in the Jack under setup if your interface, input device and output device are correct connected (look with “>” to see the description of the hw’s).