Ardour2 = no compile

hey guys I’ve been trying to build ardour2-cvs here and I get this error…

In file included from libs/surfaces/tranzport/interface.cc:3:
libs/surfaces/tranzport/tranzport_control_protocol.h:9:17: usb.h: No such file or directory
In file included from libs/surfaces/tranzport/interface.cc:3:
libs/surfaces/tranzport/tranzport_control_protocol.h:91: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of usb_dev_handle' with no type libs/surfaces/tranzport/tranzport_control_protocol.h:91: error: expected;’ before ‘*’ token
scons: *** [libs/surfaces/tranzport/interface.os] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.

The build also fails when I select FFT_ANALYSIS=1 for scons. I can’t recall the exact error but it was something about not being able to convert a float to an int.

also, how do I get on #ardour on irc.freenode.net?

thanks,

mike

You need libusb and the development package for it.

To get on #ardour, you need an irc client (like xchat). Pass irc.freenode.net as the irc server. When you’re in, join the channel #ardour

I figured it would be something easy like that. THANKS! And a note to the developers… Ardour freakin’ rocks. Yeah man, yeah.

Mike

Ok… so I got past the missing usb.h file… and here is the FFT error…

gtk2_ardour/fft_graph.cc:237: warning: converting to int' fromdouble’
gtk2_ardour/fft_graph.cc:241: warning: converting to int' fromdouble’
gtk2_ardour/fft_graph.cc:253: error: `get_ink_pixel_size’ was not declared in this scope
gtk2_ardour/fft_graph.cc:253: warning: unused variable ‘get_ink_pixel_size’
scons: *** [gtk2_ardour/fft_graph.o] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.

thanks,

mike

Thanks for pointing this out. I had corrected that in my code already but I had forgotten to commit. The change is now in CVS, and it will be in the next cvs snapshot.

If you want to compile it before that, change this row in fft_graph.cc :

get_ink_pixel_size (layout, width, height);

to

layout->get_pixel_size (width, height);

wow… maybe I’m just a dork but i always feel so cool when I can go change a source code file… maybe this is because deep down inside I wish I were a programmer…

THANKS,

mike