Tuhosieni - Demo 1

6 replies [Last post]
t_sysimetsa
User offline. Last seen 3 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Hi, here is the first demo of Tuhosieni:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/sysimetsa/tuhosieni (our incredible and official web page... ;)
http://www.myspace.com/tuhosieni

Drums were recorded at a studio with ProTools, but all the rest was done at home / rehearsal room with Ardour.

DavePhillips
User offline. Last seen 2 weeks 7 hours ago. Offline
I listened to Sumu twice, and both times I thought the vocals should be further forward in the mix. Even if I understood Finnish I'd still wonder what was being sung. :) Otherwise, excellent work. The rest of the mix is very nicely done, good balances throughout.

t_sysimetsa
Thanks Dave, maybe you are right. It's tricky to mix one's own vocals. There is the rest of the band playing well, and i get the feeling that if i take vocals too front i somehow hijack the whole song.

jouni
User offline. Last seen 4 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
I have to second Dave, the vocals are far behind and the echo does not help. On the other hand I do like the guitar sound a lot, but the left channel guitar sounds slightly clipped on ulos häkeistä? And then my classic complaint, where is the bass drum on ulos häkeistä? Once a drummer, always a drummer....

goodmanbrown
User offline. Last seen 5 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
I really like Sumu. I disagree with the others who want the vocals more forward. They work nicely as an instrument in the mix, and seem perfectly in line with the dark post-punk idiom the song is written in.

I hope you record more songs. If you were to release an album of the quality of Sumu, I'd buy it.

hogiewan
User offline. Last seen 3 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
I find the vocal fit nicely. They sit nicely in the mix.

t_sysimetsa
Thanks for your feedback! Nice to get some, it's not too common.

After a longer break, Tuhosieni is indeed back in rehearsal room with a bunch of new songs and ideas. Maybe also a keyboardist will join us, let's see. Anyway, we hope to get some new stuff recorded quite soon.