Which distro/setup is easiest to get started with?
I killed my computer last night trying to resize a Linux partition. Rather than struggle with grub and all that trying to get it working again, and still not having a working Ardour (it never worked reliably before), I think it's time to just install a new distro and try again from scratch (and let it do the boot loader stuff automatically during install, hopefully). Before last night, I had a triple boot:
1. Windows XP
2. Fedora Core 3 --> PlanetCCRMA
3. Libranet --> Debian --> DeMuDi (Debian wouldn't install on my laptop because of Nvidia drivers)
I'd like to replace the Libranet hack with something new and clean and hopefully something that will run Ardour stably. So what's the best method?
* I've seen on the CCRMA mailing list that there are newer versions that run on FC4 and FC5
* There are also newer versions of DeMuDi
* K/Ubuntu with something else on top of it, as mentioned elsewhere on this forum?
Basically I want an easy-to-install distro that will run Ardour smoothly. (Does such a thing exist?)