Ardour3 build GTK error, Gentoo

I get this on Gentoo

libs/gtkmm2/gtk/gtkmm/toolbar.cc: In member function ‘void Gtk::Toolbar::set_tooltips(bool)’:
libs/gtkmm2/gtk/gtkmm/toolbar.cc:542: error: ‘gtk_toolbar_set_tooltips’ was not declared in this scope
libs/gtkmm2/gtk/gtkmm/toolbar.cc: In member function ‘bool Gtk::Toolbar::get_tooltips() const’:
libs/gtkmm2/gtk/gtkmm/toolbar.cc:547: error: ‘gtk_toolbar_get_tooltips’ was not declared in this scope
scons: *** [libs/gtkmm2/gtk/gtkmm/toolbar.os] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.

The only thing i could Google is this:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=444518#22
Does anyone know if that’s indeed the problem?
If so, eeerm anyone knows how to fix?

I could fix this using SYSLIBS=yes on Ubuntu :wink:

v3 is currently sensitive to the version of GTK that is installed, and you have too new a version. you’ll need to wait for us to “catch up”. not sure when that will happen, but hopefully not too long.

Thanks so much Oxesoft, SYSLIBS=yes fixes it on Gentoo and Ardour3.0-4231! In fact,… woehaaa midi tracks are feeling very stable now, midi and audio continue playing when looping a “Range”, and the audio mixer is routing individual audio tracks (audible) to te master. Ardour3 really starts to work :))! Me so happy, could it be, would it be possible now to actually compose audio+midi music on Linux?!..

I am proud, screenshot!

Happy day: The SYSLIBS option can be set to 0 now when building Ardour3 in Ubuntu 8.10. The taglib error still shows up, but that’s easily resolved by adding the taglib-dev package. Otherwise it’s a clean build. Btw, I’m building with LV2, OSC, and Freesound support, and without VST support.

Builds ok here too, without syslibs needed.
But this is without LV2. I use Ingen for that.

Alex.