SAE and howto use a DAW (ardour)

Would be nice if SAE also helps with the documentation :slight_smile:
Together with the ardour community we could improve the manual and keep it up-to-date.

Moreover, they have to learn their students to work with a DAW and Ardour isnā€™t it? Would be cool if thereā€™re willing to share their tutorials with us!

I think good documentation and tutorials will improve the position of Ardour in the world of the DAWs, or better to improve Ardoursā€™ usability to the users, ā€˜usā€™ā€¦

(yes Iā€™ve right to speak here, after I made a nice dutch manual/tutorial :wink: )

fair enough. it was too early in the morning for me, and iā€™m a little crabby after discovering bugs that should have been fixed before 2.7 was ā€œlet outā€.

Ok ok calm down it was just a suggestion for ā€˜working togetherā€™ā€¦

And I donā€™t say I donā€™t want to pay for a good book/tutorial ā€¦(!)

AFAIK there are thousands of different studies and most of the study books they use, you can buy in your local bookstore or on the internetā€¦

So making a book available (for free or not) is not the same as following or giving lessons. Why do you think all those students go to universities if all those books they use are in stores to? Right, they need a teacher (and a degree)ā€¦

err, excuse me. maybe its just too early in the morning, so i might be a bit rude.

SAE charges students thousands of dollars a year to learn how to use a DAW (and a mixing console, and mic-preamps and video editors and ā€¦). This is the bedrock of their business and is how they can afford to sponsor ardour - their income isnā€™t related to sales of software (or audio hardware, for that matter).

and now youā€™re suggesting that they just start providing their educational materials to everyone on the net, for free? SAEā€™s business model is: if you want to know how to be an audio engineer, pay us and we will teach you. i canā€™t tell you if the education provided by SAE is a good one, or value for money - i donā€™t know. i do know, however, that suggesting that they just abandon this and try to teach everyone for free, even just a bit, is a little crazy (and ultimately would remove the only source of income at present that makes it possible for me to work on ardour).

a book is a good ideaā€¦
iā€™d be willing to buy a copyā€¦
the only problem with that would be that it would slowly go out of date as later versions of Ardour are released with new featuresā€¦

forex bonus

Fire Extinguishers

Toronto Lofts - For a List of the best condo units available for sale, visit us!

Oferta De Hotel Salamanca:a book is a good ideaā€¦
iā€™d be willing to buy a copyā€¦
the only problem with that would be that it would slowly go out of date as later versions of Ardour are released with new featuresā€¦

affitto appartamenti santander

the only problem with that would be that it would slowly go out of date as later versions of Ardour are released with new featuresā€¦ Canada work and travel

Security System Reviews - Security System Reviews.