Some Plugin Parameter Settings are Behaving Funny

Hi there

First of all, I’d like to thank you for the great work you do with this project! The native OS X version came just in time with my switch from Linux to Mac.

I’m running Ardour 2.7.1 Rev. 4296 under Mac OS X 10.5.6 on an Intel 2 x 2.8 GHz Qad-Core Intel Xeon.

Now, since I’m fairly new to the Mac OS I’m not sure if the problem is me or the software. So before I file a bug report, I’d rather ask if I’m doing something wrong.

The problem at hand is that I can’t change the parameter settings on some plugins. For example, all of the plugins by Alexander Ehlert. Instead of the blue parameter bar, I only get a box with 0.225 in it, but I can’t change the value to anything else. Neither by the up/down arrows nor by entering values manually - it will always jump back to 0.225, no matter what.

Second, the TAP Reverberator plugin by Tom Szilagyi doesn’t show the reverb type (eg. Hall, Plate etc). All I get is a number, ranging from 0 to 42 which I can increase/decrease with the left and right mouse buttons, respectively.

And third, all of the plugins are listed twice in their respective lists. Which isn’t much of a problem, but according to the bug fixes, shoul actually no longer be the case.

I’d be glad if i coud get some help with these issues.

Other than that, I’m very happy with Ardour.

Wish you all a great holiday season!

I’m having the same problem. I use Ardour in Linux at home, but I’m trying to setup Ardour on my father-in-law’s iMac. I’m seeing the same problems with the plugin parameters

I upgraded my system from hardy to jaunty,
since then I cannot change/edit parameters/settings
on Low-/Highpass-Filters.
I have absolutely no clue what it could be…

Welcome To JAUNTY.

I have Ubuntu 9.04 installed and had the same problem with plugins when using the standard Ubuntu package of Ardour. Building and installing Ardour 2.8 from source fixed the problem for me.

I have Mac OS 10.6.3, and I believe starting with the release when the plugins came bundled instead of as separate suggested installer packages, I started having the Reverb Type problem described - it appears as a number instead of dropdown with the names. I can look at Ardour.app/Contents/Plugins/rdf/tap_reverb.rdf and find out what the numbers mean, but it’s less than ideal.

Since not everybody seems to have this problem, maybe there’s some undocumented step necessary when upgrading to the first version that comes with the plugins (also the same version that stopped requiring X11)? I think that the linked packages installed the plugins system-wide rather than just in Ardour, so maybe it’s getting confusing with still having the old versions somewhere?