Ardour removed from SAE site; is there a mirror?

4 replies [Last post]
pauldeshaw
User offline. Last seen 3 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
I finally got around to downloading the SAE version to play with, only to find this announcement on the download link:

"The SAE version of Ardour has been removed

SAE is no longer sponsoring the development of Ardour. The versions built for them have been removed."

If the SAE version was covered by GPL, they cannot prevent others from distributing it, AFAIK. Is anyone doing this?

If not, I'll just get the latest from Ardour.org.

--Paul

paul
paul's picture
User offline. Last seen 3 hours 45 min ago. Offline
Its back in the same place. Some clarification of SAE's position was required, and although its true that they are no longer paying for me to to work on Ardour, they would still like to use it. Therefore, the link is now back up.

rozea
User offline. Last seen 16 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
PAul, can you tell us why they are no longer paying you?

allank
allank's picture
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
I think this seems simply like a financial decision given the current world picture .... I once used SAE studios in Australia to get some vocal recordings done. (This is when the Melbourne school was still in St Kilda).. They do seem very stingy. I was proud that an Australian owned company was sponsoring ardour.. but now this whole situation saddens me.

pauldeshaw
User offline. Last seen 3 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
That's great. I've installed it, but can't start it. I should probably start a new thread about that. I think wait for the weekend before messing with it again.

--PD