Save AU plugins settings

36 replies [Last post]
seablade
User offline. Last seen 4 hours 55 min ago. Offline
[quote]
and @seablead it is at the minimum all the same to to play down this statement.
[/quote]

Well actually it is the other way around, you are playing up the statement as a physical threat which it wasn't to my knowledge.

At any rate, I am done trying to explain it. Have fun.

Seablade

lamacchiacosta
lamacchiacosta's picture
User offline. Last seen 4 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Guys, please, I think we should stop here and now the discussion without going further

1) We are very OFF topic.

2) Having without paying the requested fee. Is EVERYWHERE in the galaxy, called:

walk off with
swipe (rob)
plagiarize (steal property)
pinch (to steal)
hook (to steal)
bag (take unlawfully)
thieve
nick, pinch
take away
pilfer (steal)
subtract
shoplift

In some coutry they can still cut out a hand for it or worse.
Chease somebody who stealed something Is not wild west, is social arrangement.

3) Being in english-based forum doesn't mean we are in an english forum, especially when the forum has the intent to reach every corner of our planet.
Some expression have different meaning and different word-weight depending on the local culture and it is a fact that we HAVE TO respect everyone.
English is the language we use, not the super-culture that rules.
Please everyone pay attention to it.

4) Kracking Ardour is pretty ridicolous.

seablade
User offline. Last seen 4 hours 55 min ago. Offline
Being in english-based forum doesn't mean we are in an english forum, especially when the forum has the intent to reach every corner of our planet.

I was done with it, but wanted to correct this. You misunderstood my comment, my point was that phrases, slang, etc. should be taken in context with the English that it was posted in.

Seablade

lamacchiacosta
lamacchiacosta's picture
User offline. Last seen 4 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
allright, but english phrases and slags have different meanings even between different english-speaking areas.
We could add a "slang dictionary" page in the website, so when people fire up its blood we can calm it down advising him/her to read carefully the meaning and the intention.
Just to notice that when "is the project" fired up its blood because he feels threatened is not totally wrong...

Peace and beer.
:-)

Scary-Hallo
Scary-Hallo's picture
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
One last word:
I'm also from Germay, and I think the usage of the word 'scum' (in german and in english) has nothing to do with beeing a nazi or far-right.
And beleve me, I fight against far-right people and nazi-bands every day.
I'm on Pauls side, and would have choosen the same speech in that case. Although I understand the concerns of 'is the project ...'

edyasko
edyasko's picture
User offline. Last seen 1 year 21 weeks ago. Offline
Paul, your perfectly in the right to do things the way you are. One of my biggest dreams is to make a living working on projects that I love, and you seem to be doing just that. It's inspiring! I understand the concern for the escalation of "crippleware", but I think that the model you have going right now is perfect. Keep up the great work!