find saved templates

I’ve saved a template from a session but can’t find it. If I try

locate *.template

I get the default ones in usr/share like /usr/share/ardour2/templates/16 Tracks.template but I can’t find the one I saved.

Where do they go? Moreover, is there a guide / tutorial about using templates anywhere? Tried searching but came up with very little.

Either try ‘locate .template’, ‘find / -name “*.template”’ or look in your .ardour2/template dir (where they actually are stored :slight_smile:

Using them are quite self explanatory: You save a session as a template and when you create your next session you can click the “Use template” button in the session creation dialog and select a template and it will be created with the number of tracks and busses and any plugins and sends/inserts you defined previously.

ok, I see them … but they’re hidden.

Under Ubuntu Studio, .ardour2 is a hidden directory. You have to do a ctl+h to see it.

When I save a template it goes in there but when I try to open a new file using an existing template, I have to do a ctl+h to see the directory and use the template.

NB locate .template or locate *.template doesn’t find the ones you save, only the defaults.

Ahh.
When I have saved my first template and subsequently click “Use template” it opens in the .ardour/templates directory. If I then go to another dir I have to do the ctrl+h maneuver to see and be able get back there.
Just make sure you don’t do that.

The locate command ony finds files that were created before the last time ‘updatedb’ ran, which is usually done by cron at 4 am. It also might be configured not to record dot files.

OMG. I have the same problem with templates, Peder. My Ubuntu is just driving me nuts :-/
avery templates

OMG. I have the same problem with templates, Peder. My Ubuntu is just driving me nuts :-/ avery templates

No you don’t. And your spamming is driving me nuts >:-{