[CLICK] light possibility

Hi,

I was recording an track with ardour using the metronome CLICK, but the clicking sound was recorded too :confused:

I think it will be useful when it is possible to let CLICK flash lights instead of sound clicks…

\r

Hi rozea,

I’m not sure if I understand your problem. Did your microphone pic up the click from your speakers? If so, use headphones!
But maybe something is wrong with your soundcard configuration. By default ardour’s audio output is not routed to the input, but some soundcards have a setting to automatically record the output. Try to disable this setting (on linux systems this should probably be done in alsamixer; some soundcards like my edirol UA25 also have a (hardware-) button for this setting)

Robert

I don’t have headphones. Another problem with headphones is, that you can’t listen very good to the sound of music you’re playing, when you have an headphone on your head. You can let the ‘record’ button flash, so it should be possible with the CLICK.

Another suggestion. Many professional guitarist uses the metronome on the 2nd and 4th beat. The metronome in Ardour has only the possibility AFAIK to hit loud on the first beat and soft on 2, 3 and 4th beat. The hard beat on the first is distracting when you use the metronome on the 2nd and 4th beat. So it would be good to have an option to use the metronome without the loud beat on the first count.