... use MMC track-arming?

Hi,
I’ve been trying to arm tracks and/or read track-arm status through MMC with our JL Cooper CuePoint, but no success. Play, stop, etc. works fine. According to the source, track record-ready status is implemented. The problem seems to be taht Ardour doesn’t support messages 40 and 42 (read/write). Or am I simply being stupid as usual?

I guess masked write would be the way to go, but I’ll have to live with it. I’ll file a feature request a soon as I get around to it, and perhaps try programming a snazzy python midi-filter in the meantime. Are there plans to complete the mmc-implementation? There were quite a few non-implemented commands in the source. Perhaps noone needs them anyway…

Ardour supports MaskedWrite (0x41) for track rec-enable, as per the MMC Level 2 specification. I don’t recall why I implemented masked-write rather than write, but it could be that this was what was sent by the Alesis, Mackie and Peavey units I was testing. Feel free to file a bug report/feature request in the tracker. The work involved to support write in this particular instance doesn’t look like a huge amount of work, but the message format compared to masked write is fairly different. Using Write requires the MMC controller to send rec-ready status for every track, which I find a rather odd design decision on the part of JLC.