Change tempo meter

7 replies [Last post]
lamacchiacosta
lamacchiacosta's picture
User offline. Last seen 6 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Hello,
is quite embarassing to ask. I'm trying to change the tempo and the meter in my song but I cannot do it. I tried to click with every buttons and combinations on the area located above the tracks in the edit window, I looked for a menu but I didn't find anything.
How can we do it in Ardour?
Thanks in advance. (MacOSX 10.5.6 Ardour 2.8)

paul
paul's picture
User offline. Last seen 4 hours 2 min ago. Offline
Right click on the tempo or meter marker. Choose "Edit".

Ardour uses right click quite a lot. You'd better get used to it.

lamacchiacosta
lamacchiacosta's picture
User offline. Last seen 6 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Paul,
I'm realizing that. I was working with my Mac laptop that doesn't have the button 2 on the trackpad.
Is pretty annoying not being able to set up a session while traveling, I'm forced to use a mouse even on a flight or train
:-/

paul
paul's picture
http://ardour.org/first_time_osx_native

We tried to ask you read it as nicely as we could. Now you have to.

mevsme
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
How to bind a track to a tempo? So it could change its playback tempo with the tempo track?

paul
paul's picture
Ardour does not automatically stretch audio material to fit tempo. You can do that manually using the TimeFX tool. MIDI regions will stretch automatically. If you care about the position of audio material, the context menu for audio regions includes a "Lock To Musical Time" option which will keep at the same Bar|Beat position as tempo/meter are changed.

sonnie
User offline. Last seen 13 hours 23 min ago. Offline
OSX right click: Press CTRL while (left)click or lay down two fingers on trackpad while (left)click. Once you get used to it, you'll never go back to others. (two finger)

paul
paul's picture
Ctrl-leftclick is NOT the same as rightclick, and does not generate a right click event inside an application. There are just many OS X applications that interpret Ctrl-leftclick as if it was a rightclick. Ardour does not, because we use Ctrl-leftclick for other things.

Seriously, it is 2016 and a 3 button (+ scrollwheel(s)) wireless USB mouse is *cheap*. You've got an incredibly powerful application in front of you - why cripple your use of it because of Apple's bizarre insistence on single or double button devices?