External Controllers and some ideas
My question: did You (ardour developers) think about full integration of ardour with profesjonal external controllers, like M-AUDIO ProjectMIX? For me it's hard to complete fully functional DAW w/o controllers like this. Maybe good idea is dedicated controller for ardour. I know - costs, but dedicated controller can make ardour more popular.
- utility for correct intonation, pitch and other vocal properties (like celemony melodyne)
- MIDI. I know, that this feature will be in ardour 3. But i have questions: do You think about some virtual instruments integrated into ardour? VST don't works so good, so working on MIDI tracks with "native" instruments (synths, samplers, ...) will be good idea. Good feature is assinging virtual instrument to MIDI track, instead of connectiong ardour MIDI track to external applications (integration into one application is one of most important things for me). One better option instead of instruments compiled into ardour is using DSSI format.
- drum machine. I like to work in one complex application. Nowdays I must use hydrogen for drum tracks and moving project from hydrogen to ardour many times. It's possible to append good pattern-based drum machine into ardour?
- wave editor. No integrated wave editor is big difficulty of ardour. I think about utility like audacity integrated into ardour. For fast editing regions or full tracks. Nobody like to edit wave in external program and import it after each change.
- mastering utility on master track. Utility like Izotope Ozone will be amazing feature. Or at lesat utility like jamin (multiband compressor, EQ, parametric EQ's, limiter, master reverb, mid/side signal processing).