playing back soundfield recordings

No replies
moreno
User offline. Last seen 4 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Hello,

I'm taking very early steps into the world of ambisonics. Saying that, i have managed to jump straight in at the deep end.

I have a load of recordings i collected whilst in Norway using a soundfield st350. The recordings consist of vast open atmospheres, reindeer on the move, moving snow scooters and so on.

I have the opportunity to listen back to the recordings through a D&B 12 point loudspeaker set-up.

I've been checking out Ardour and it seems like the right DAW for my ambisonic explorations. If i was to purchase Ardour, what else would i need to be able to listen back to the B-Format recordings?

I also have a TC-Electronic Konnekt 48 with 12 ins and outs. I do have Nuendo 4 but it seems to only work with presets of 5.1 etc.

Ardour seems to be more flexible...

Kind Regards,
Moreno.

paul
paul's picture
User offline. Last seen 3 hours 3 min ago. Offline
Ardour is indeed quite well suited to ambisonics, and I have a tutorial on using it. Alas, only in paper form right now, but I've been wanting to re-type it up, and I'll try to use your posting as another motivatin to do so. You will also need to download Fons Adriensen's B-format plugins and his ambdec decoder. Google will find them for you.

moreno
User offline. Last seen 4 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Paul,

Great thanks. I'll check out ambdec and Fons Adriensen's plugs.

Look forward to your tutorial!

Best,
Moreno

paul
paul's picture
User offline. Last seen 3 hours 3 min ago. Offline
Written, with comments welcome: https://ardour.org/node/2804