AudioSetup value for output device is missing data / plug-ins not showing in the pre-fader area

Hi all,

I installed Jack and Ardour on my G5 yesterday. Ardour is absolutely awesome! I anticipate spending a lot of time working on this gorgeous app. I even got Jadeo to sync up video to it, which is fantastic!

Today, I ran into a couple of issues:

I hooked up an external audio device via USB (it’s a Zoom H4n handy recorder in the USB interface mode). From this forum, I learned about aggregating two audio devices into one “virtual device” so that Jack can handle it, so I did so and ended up with an aggregate device that has 4 inputs and 4 outputs (2 stereo in and out channels from Zoom and 2 from built-in audio). All audio inputs and outputs are set to 48kHz 16bit, in Jack Pilot and in the Audio/Midi preferences (I work with video a lot, so I prefer this sample rate). In Ardour, I managed to get Zoom to input audio as it should, and I got the sound playback via Apple’s built-in sound card, so the setup is obviously working. I’m able to patch my inputs and outputs from Ardour normally, and they show in Jack Pilot as they should.

However, the following error messages keep appearing:

[ERROR]: AudioSetup value for inputdevice is missing data
[ERROR]: AudioSetup value for outputdevice is missing data

I assume it has to do with a Jack setting… has anybody else had this? Does anybody know why it’s happening?

One more thing: at about the same time, I noticed that when I now try inserting a plug-in in the pre-fader area of any track, the name of the plug in doesn’t show, nor can I edit the plug-in parameters. However, the effect is clearly present in the mix, so the plug-in is working. It happens with both AU and LAPSDA plug-ins. Has anybody had this happen before? I suspect the two problems I’m having are related…

Thanks for any insight!

" I noticed that when I now try inserting a plug-in in the pre-fader area of any track, the name of the plug in doesn’t show, nor can I edit the plug-in parameters. However, the effect is clearly present in the mix, so the plug-in is working. It happens with both AU and LAPSDA plug-ins. Has anybody had this happen before? "

Hi vr
Sometimes the plug in names disappear from the pre-fader area. That happened to me often. However, it shows up in the mixer view.
cheers!

I have this similar problem since long ago, Although Ardour works these three messages keep appearing at the opening of Ardour:
[ERROR]: AudioSetup value for interface is missing data
[ERROR]: AudioSetup value for inputdevice is missing data
[ERROR]: AudioSetup value for outputdevice is missing data

Does anybody know whydows this happen and how to solve it?

best